Liberty Park on the south side of William Street between Union Road and Cayuga Creek Road was a popular destination for picnics and outings as early as 1931. The park was owned by the Kiliszewski Family who lived in a large house at 3100 William Street near the corner of Union Road. The park remained as a picnic grove until the New Liberty Park opened as an amusement park in 1949. Through the mid-1950’s the New Liberty Park advertised as having 12 major rides and 8 kiddie rides. But by its last couple of years of operation 1956 and 1957, they advertised as having only 6 adult rides and 6 kiddie rides. 1957 was the parks last year. Harry Illions was the President of the New Liberty Park.
Right side of a long photo donated by Walczak’s Hardware dated 1931
Middle section of the photo. Young man standing in the front row with the vest Alois Przepiora
Left section of the photo